Re: {{OT}} Nafong is disbarred

> > N.C. panel disbars Duke prosecutor > By AARON BEARD, Associated Press Writer 43 minutes ago > RALEIGH, N.C. - District Attorney Mike Nifong will be disbarred for his > disastrous prosecution of three Duke University lacrosse players > falsely accused of rape, a disciplinary committee decided Saturday. > Even the veteran prosecutor said the punishment was appropriate.

Ain't that a shame. Would that ALL politicians experience similar fates when pandering to those with more interest in political correctness than justice.

I'll be waiting for Jesse and Al to soapbox their support for this just decision.

Reply to
witfal

Interesting how you jump all over it when some criminal gets off. That would explain your love for the terrorists and insurgents in the Middle East.

Reply to
sharx35

??? I guess you missed the sarcasm. I never rejoice when a criminal gets off.

Nifong got waht he deserved. He pandered the race card to get re-elected, and got what he deserved.

And how you ever thought I love terrorists and insurgents, I'll never know.

Reply to
witfal

Gee, we wouldn't have many politicians left. B-)

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Do you REALLY think that those perps were totally innocent?

Where there's smoke.....

Reply to
sharx35

Rock, solid proof? Oh, yeah, paid witnesses???

Reply to
sharx35

...and the problem with that would be...............?

Reply to
Scott in Florida

The moneys paid to these three guys, who in the eyes of the law ARE completely innocent, are going to far exceed their legal bills. Remember that innocent is not the same as not guilty.

This kind of conduct on the part of a government official is inexcusable. After their attorneys are done, Durham is going to be paying tens of millions of dollars to each of them. And I hope they collect every dime.

Reply to
witfal

Not only Durham, but Duke.

They both deserve to pay and pay and pay till it hurts....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Scott, in the end it will be taxpayers money paid out.

Reply to
sharx35

Of course, but in this case I feel it is justified.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

The school made a LOT of comments about the boys as the case went on.

The school is liable too....imho (or as someone pointed out I don't have 'humble' opinions...LOL)

Reply to
Scott in Florida

In message news:_eFdi.1549$AR5.1195@trnddc06, Jeff Strickland sprach forth the following:

  1. It's NIFONG.

  1. He was put into office by a scumbag, Governor Mike Easley (Sleazely).

Reply to
Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute