97 Corolla Speakers

Anyone know what size rear speakers go in 97' Corollas? Mine dosen't have any rear ones but when I looked the cut-out seemed to be an odd shape.

I went to Crutchfield's site and it said that no speakers fit my car exactly so I would need an adapter of some kind??

Any ideas?

Reply to
ourkid2000

It should have listed what size are in there already. Also, what did it tell you to use for adapters?

It may be a 6x8" speaker. They used to use these in the 80's, but I haven't seen them for a while...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Crutchfield's site said that it takes 6.5" speakers but there was a note next to it saying that no speakers listed would fit exactly. They had a set of Scosch adapters listed there so i'm assuiming these would help them fit?

Reply to
ourkid2000

Hmmm....6.5" but nothing would fit? That's interesting. Is it a round hole?

What I did with a Tercel was, I mounted the rear speakers using three bolts instead of 4 or 5, and mounted them underneath the package shelf (inside the trunk) and then removed the package shelf and trimmed away the chipboard very carefully using a linoleum knife and a razor blade. You have to be careful not to cut the lining on the shelf, then it looks like there's no rear speakers at all. But you could sure *HEAR* them!

Reply to
Hachiroku