Re: (OT:) New Energy Sources... Was: Why do I have such a strong dislike for Ragheads?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be

> the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under > omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, > his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our > own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of > their own conscience." > -- C.S. Lewis

Lewis's analysis of "for our own good" was quite prophetic. Let's see. What political party wants to micro-manage every aspect of our lives, protecting us from ourselves as though we're incapable of deciding what to drive, eat, drink, buckle-up, speak, joke about, sensitively tolerate, or relieve parents of having to teach their children to believe?

All in good conscience, of course.

Reply to
witfal