Re: {OT} State considers ban on big screen TVs

> > Global warming is so much bullshit--our area is getting colder. =A0Wher= e it is > > getting warmer, it is 99% due to natural causes, Not man-made reasons. > > The climate scientists who believe that man-made global warming is > serious also claim that the vast majority of global warming is due to > natural causes. =A0If we didn't have natural global warming, the tropics > would usually be at freezing temperatures.

Really? Can you please cite some references to back this claim?

Reply to
Jeff

I don't have any citations, but I heard it on NPR last year, from a federal government scientist (who was not a denier of man-caused global warming but who thought it was a serious problem that had to be addressed), and earlier I read it from at least two sources, at least one which said that 90 degs. F (actually they gave it in Celcius) of global warming was natural.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

I think what LMC meant by "the vast majority of global warming" would have perhaps been better phrased as "global warmth" rather than "global warming". The greenhouse effect of the pre-industrial greenhouse gases warms the earth by about 32°C (from -18 to +14). Then again, I would think that solar radiation could be considered a natural cause, in which case, using LMC's terminology: without natural global warming, the entire planet would be very near absolute zero. Natural causes warm the planet by about 287°C to its global average of about 14°C.

Reply to
Lucius Accius