Re: Wow...a Toyota post!

========

Now fellas, don't be so hard on the Chinese.

All the Chinese folks I've met have been wonderful, wonderful people :-)

Whether they're Buddhist, Christian, or Hindu, all the Chinese folks I've met have been great folks. It's always a pleasure to interact with Chinese-Americans, online and in person.

In America, as long as you're friendly, you're accepted, no matter what your ethnicity, religious belief, color, sexual preference, or creed.

Reply to
Built_Well

I tend to agree. I have found that, if you are dealing with China, you must stand your ground and define the quality you must have. And they will normally deliver.. If you dont, you are toast.

Reply to
hls

The Chinese are capable of quality work. I have a Japanese guitar built in China and the workmanship is very nice. The fretwork is the best I've ever seen on a guitar - my guess is that it was done by robots or some automated process since they're too perfect and consistent.

As usual, we'll always underestimate the Asians. What else is new? :-)

Reply to
dsi1

The USA can still produce food and medicine. Plus services... kind of expensive to ship the Toyota to China for service.

Then again China's environment is degrading as they build more factories... good riddance to those industries? (I wonder if a new mercury-filled compact fluorescent lamp factory would ever make it past environmental review in the US...? surely not here in California)

Michael

Reply to
Michael