Recirc/Fresh button won't release on Corrolla

Hi, I just got this 2004 Corrola. Today I just found out a funy prolblem, when the engine is on, the aire intake mode is set to Window/Floor, the fan speed is low, I push the Recirc/Fresh to select the recirculation mode. The light on the Recirc/Fresh button is on. But after that I can not turn it off to select the Fresh Air mode by pushing this Recirc/Fresh button, it just won't release. The only way to turn the green light on the button off is to switch the air intake mode , as long as I change the air intake mode to Window only, the Recirc/Fresh button can be releaseed and the light on it will go off. Is that normal? Should I bring it to Toyota's dealership or it's just the way they designed the car?

Thanks Feng

Reply to
fengyie

I think that your car is operating normally. The system will operate in recirculate mode when using the front defrost mode.

Reply to
Ray O

Feng:

I just checked my 2005 Corolla. I can not use recirculate when in either defrost modes. If recirculate is on in any other mode and then I select either defrost mode, the button pops out. The only exception to this is when air conditioning is selected and then recirculate mode is used as max mode air conditioning. It would make sense that recirculation is not helpful when in defrost mode since it utilizes the air conditioning compressor to remove unwanted moisture from the interior and you would not want that recirculated. Perhaps you do have a problem and should take it to the dealer just to verify.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
nowhere

Hi,

Thanks for you guys' answer. I finally brought my car to the Toyota's dealership, the guy there domonstrated the function of Recirc/Fresh button to me and was saying when the car is on any of the Windows intake mode , the Recirc/Fresh button 's function is disabled. Wow, what can I say. As long as he didn't think it's a quality problem( or a too fansy designe ), I think I will have to live with it.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers, Feng

Ph@Boy wrote:

Reply to