Disable AC on Defrost- Acura RSX

I have an RSX and I want to disable the AC from automatically turning on when I set it to defrost. Does anyone know how to do this?

And the reason I want to do this is I have ESMM and the car vibrates like crazy when the AC kicks in...

Reply to
Jamco

"Jamco" wrote in news:pUrwi.94742$tB5.28890@edtnps90:

What you have done here is upset the factory's careful attempts at insulating the interior from engine vibrations.

What you want to do is apparently achievable with something called "K-Pro". This thing raises the car's idle to help correct for the deficiencies of your aftermarket engine mounts.

Tegger

Obviously the best solution is to simply put factory type motor mounts back on the car. It is the rare "tuner" who ends up with an improved product.

John

Reply to
John Horner

This may help somewhat. Although the AC will still automatically turn on, but you can turn it off by pressing AC button.

(1) Turn Car Off (2) Turn Temperature Knob To Full Blue (All the way to the left - Counter-Clock Wise) (3) Turn Vent Knob To Off (All the way to the left - Counter-Clock Wise) (4) Hold Down Air Recirculation Button As Well As A/C Button. NOT THE DEFROSTING BUTTON. (5) Turn the car on to two (ll) . The recirculation blinks ONCE and the AC blinks once.

You will now have control of your A/C regardless of what setting you are in, to revert back, simply repeat the procedue.

Make sure u hold on to the two buttons before u turn on the car. Hold it till after the AC button blinks. The recirculation button blinks first than the AC. Make sure ur not holding on the Defrosting button for the rear window

Reply to
Bucky

Reply to
Jamco