repair schedule for 1998 Corolla?

Hi, I lost my car manual and am trying to figure out the maintenance schedule for my 1998 Corolla.

I can't remember if it's VE, LE.

Someone told me I need to get my transmission fluid flushed and that I should flush my antifreeze.

I flushed my coolant once and don't think I've ever flushed my transmission fluid.

Is there some place I can check about what kinds of routine maintenance I need to do?

Thanks.

Robert Nagle idiotprogrammer Houston, TX

Reply to
idiotprogrammer

I have about 90,000 miles on the vehicle. I've read in places that a transmission flush can be dangerous. Anybody have opinions?

There is really nothing wrong with the car right now, more or less, so I am risk-averse.

Robert Nagle

idiotprogrammer wrote:

Reply to
idiotprogrammer

I emailed pdf on corolla 98 service to you. Mentioned I did Trans oil change every 50k, and changed plugs and wires at 100k. Oil and filter every

5k. Running good at 112k.
Reply to
Patrick C

If the transmission fluid has never been flushed, do not start at 90,000 miles. Just have the automatic transmission fluid (ATF) drained and re-filled. You will not get all of the old transmission fluid out, but don't worry about that. Also, make sure you use the correct ATF as noted on the transmission dip stick.

Reply to
Ray O