trans filter for 1998 Hyundai accent

Hi,

I have a question I'd like to ask about the correct transmission filter for a 1998 hyundai accent with an automatic trans.

I've been purchasing the trans filter from the local auto parts store (advanced auto parts) and the filter that they have in stock is manufactured by a company called "Pro-King".

I installed this filter, and everything seemed to bolt down right. In order to remove the filter, you need to loosen 4 bolts on it, and to install it, you need to install and torque down the bolts.

However, I was told the other day that the trans filter is for a Hyundai accent that has 15 bolts on the transmission pan. My transmission only has 12 bolts.

I never thought about it much before (I have changed filters before) because everything seems to bolt down OK. The gasket in the box never was the correct match, though it comes very close, but I just reshaped it.

Can anyone tell me with any certainly if the actual trans filter that is used for the 15 bolt transmission is supposed to be used on the 12 bolt?

I just want to check because I've changed the filter at least twice in the last two months, and I keep noticing some metal particles in the fluid.....I was just concerned if maybe I'm using the wrong filter and maybe that's why this stuff isn't being screened out too well by the filter.

thanks, tysteel

Reply to
tysteel

If the filter fits on, it should be okay. The only significant differences in Accent filters were that some needed a cutout in them to fit around an accumulator.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Thank you for the response to my question. It's very much appreciated.

---tysteel

Reply to
tysteel