Replacing A/C Condenser-Install Question

leaking A/C Condenser on my 97 Corolla. I can see where a damn rock hit it and started the slow leak over the past 2 years. Finally it won't hold a charge.

I've removed the Condenser and Dryer according to Haynes. I'm waiting for delivery of new components.

However, Haynes states "Fill New Condenser with 2-3 oz refrigerant oil, then reinstall all AC lines".

I'm reading elsewhere that you should evac/vaccum test the system before adding anything. Furthermore, The oil PAC 46 is sold both in low press. charge type cans, as well as in pourable liquid cans. Most say to evan/vac test first, then install oil & refrigerant, but Haynes says different. Who is correct?

Reply to
mike.frankl

Tape up all open line (duct tape) til you install the new parts. Yes it has to be evacuated and tested for leaks. Don't think sequent matters.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Reply to
mike.frankl