Replacing backup light on an 02 corolla

I need to replace one of the backup light bulbs on an 02 Corolla. I asked a toyota mechanic how to do it, and he said remove the whole backup light from the truck lid. I did that but it sure doesn't look like it comes apart.

Anyone know how to replace the bulb?

Reply to
jchic1

Pull back the 'carpeting' from behind the light. Depending on how they did it, there will either be large plastic 'wing nuts' or studs with 10mm nuts on them. unscrew the nuts (whichever type they are) and remove the taillight assembly from the body, and replace the bulb by twisting the socket CCW.

Reply to
Hachiroku