Serious Transmission Problem Toyota Matrix (& possibly Corolla & Pontiac Vibe?)

=20 Hello everyone. It is my understanding that the Toyota Matrix, Toyota Coro= lla, and Pontiac Vibe have the same transmission and engine. Please be awa= re of a serious transmission problem on these vehicles. =20 It seems that many Matrix owners are having problems with a faulty transmis= sion bearing which necessitates the transmission needing to be replaced pre= maturely. I believe this might also apply to Toyota Corolla and Pontiac Vi= be models. =20 =20 We had to replace our five-speed manual transmission on our 2004 Toyota Mat= rix at 98,000 miles at a cost of $3,100! Models besides the 2004 are also = affected, but I don't know which ones. I sent a certified letter to the pr= esident of Toyota Motor Corp. North America. I was told since there is no r= ecall, I would not be compensated. =20 =20 It is important to notify affected owners about this problem before their l= ife is endangered when the car breaks down without warning on a 70 mile-per=

-hour highway. This is what happened to me. =20 =20 There are numerous reports of Toyota Matrix 5-speed transmission failures d= ue to a defective transmission bearing. I don't believe a manual transmiss= ion should need to be replaced at 98,000 miles. Some vehicle owners have = had it happen at less mileage. The regional manager of the repair shop I to= ok it to said he has seen this problem before, and he believes there will b= e a recall. At this time, Toyota will not compensate Matrix owners for thi= s very expensive defect. =20 Please sign my petition at

Hopefully if there are enough signatures, Toyota will do a= recall .=20 =20 Thank you! =20

Reply to
unbearable

ew everyone sign this who has had toyota transmission problems with this type of trans

[...]

tedtownleymfi

If it's a bearing problem that's one thing but if your clutch is shot in un der 80 k you shouldn't own a manual transmission Learn to drive a stick I h ave a Honda prelude 5 speed 260k and only a fluid flush and additive in it

1 time around 150k also a 2004 matrix's with 160k and just put a clutch in cause my 16 year old drives it ocational but this bearing issue I have no i ssues but I also service the matrix 5speed by book and maybe a little more stringent cause I'm a mechanic and I know that gear oil in any tranny is on ly good for around 65k on normal condition not a teen driving it so it has been 3 times but maybe to me that's common sense
Reply to
jasongwright78