Service interval - how accurate?

If one has the 6 month service a week early - does have to also have the 12 month service NO MORE than six months from the previous early date? I have jury duty and other schedules so I would either be two weeks early or one week late. Just how particular may Toyota be in terms of warranty and a week or two - more or less on service dates? At the end of five years one would have pissed away 10 weeks or more of the warranty period. This would just be my luck!

All the service specials that I get in the mail all seem to expire 1-2 weeks 'early' as if this was all planned for dealer profit one way or another.

jl

Reply to
Joe Lauton

What does it say in the warranty contract that came with the car? I as sure that there is one.

Reply to
Jeff

A few weeks early or late will not affect your warranty or the life of the car. Just stick as close as reasonably possible.

Reply to
Ray O

Ok - good to know. I will take a slight chance on the time then. Since the Sienna only has 3000 miles after one year I'm tempted to just get another oil change and no tire rotation and brake adjustment. What do you think?

jl

Reply to
Joe Lauton

I agree, just get the oil and filter change. Tires should be rotated about every 7,500 miles. If you have 4 wheel disc brakes, no brake adjustment is necessary, just an inspection.

Reply to
Ray O

Sounds like a good enough reason to get dismissed from jury duty to me. I may try it next time I get called. They never let me stay in the jury box anyway.

Reply to
Moe

One of my employees stationed in California called me to let me know he had gotten out of jury duty.

I asked him (a very straight laced dude...) what the reason he gave the judge.

He answered 'I told him I had the runs.....'.

I damned near fell off my chair laffin

He and I laffed about it on my next trip to California. He went up in everyone's estimation from straight laced to 'local hero'. We all enjoyed it.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Don't you roll on the floor when you are laughing, and then your ass falls off? ;-)

Reply to
Truckdude