Shimms on a 2002 Sienna

I recently went to have alignment to at 50 K on my Sienna. TheTire shop said I needed 1 degree shims(?) installed on rear to bring tires within spec. I called a Toyota dealer who said they can install some kind of adjustment bolt. The dealer service guy said he had never heard of shims being installed to correct rear alignment?? Who is right? thanks,

Reply to
Pierre Nys

You can bet the factory trained dealer is over a tire shop! Shims are kind of old fashioned in newer cars. The adjustment bolts are generally for after crash fixes.

Reply to
Wolfgang