shoppeing experience

I went by a dealership yesterday to check out the Avalon since my wife wants one. A salesman was showing me the car and opened the hood and commented that everything was easy to get to, "There is where you add this fluid, that fluid, where you check the oil, etc". It was all obvious and didn't need pointing out.

I didn't see a transmission dip stick, so asked where it was. He looked and looked and said, "You don't have to check the transmission fluid on this car until 100,000 miles and then our service department does it for you".

I rolled my eyes - I hope this isn't true.

Anyone know?

Thanks, bob-tx

Reply to
Bob