Sienna doors freezing shut...?

Kind of... I used to wear contacts long ago and I remember them really stressing to me to avoid silicone glue and caulk on my fingers. I just have not forgotten that and still am careful of it as I do find my fingers in my eyes at times. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

...and after chopping/handling onions too. That's when the fingers just want to rub those watering eyes....

Reply to
Tomes

Here is one thing I used the lithium grease for (and it is a bit OT, but useful). A lot of folks have these Forever doors as 'screen/storm' doors on their front or back doors. Many of these that I have seen (maybe half, lol) do not close unless you actually pull them shut. I use a dose of Lithium grease, wipe it off, and the thing closes all by itself for months and months. It just stays there, slipping away. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

The door closer(s) often have a winter and summer mounting position where the pin attaches it to the door or door frame. The colder weather in the winter slows down the closer, to the alternate mounting position puts more or less leverage on the closer. Some closers also have 2 adjustments - 1 for 95% of the movement, and 1 for the last inch or so.

Reply to
Ray O