Sienna purc in May 06 not beaten by YE

I purchased an 06 Sienna in May of 06 ($18,888net) - thinking I was paying a 1k premium by not waiting until Nov or Dec of 06. The fact is that this price has not been beaten to this date. Was there something different about that model or year that resulted in no end of year savings? jl

Sorry if this may be ot in this political ranting place.

Reply to
Joe Lauton

Probably good sales.

Car companies, including Toyota, offers discounts and rebates on their when the sales are not doing so well.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

There are a few possible explanations, I do not know which one applies to your situation, but it is probably a combination of one or more explanations. By November or December of 2006, I would imagine that the most, if not all, 2006 Siennas have been sold and dealers have mostly 2007 models in stock.

1) You are a really good negotiator. 2) There may have been a price increase around or after the time you bought your Sienna. You can tell pricing levels for a particular vehicle by looking at the alphabetic character suffix after the model number on the Monroney label (window sticker). For example a Sienna CE 7 passenger is a model 5326, and an "A" after the model number, i.e. 5326A means that model was priced at the introductory price for that model year. A model 5326B would be the first price increase during a model year. 3) Your van is an unpopular color or has an unpopular equipment mix so you got a great deal on it. 4) Consumer demand for Siennas exceeded or matched availability at the end of the model year so there was little discounting going on. 5) The prices you see in the paper are advertised prices, not negotiated prices.
Reply to
Ray O

I only looked for advertised specials - for as is (new veh) color etc. In the SW there is NO negotiation down from that price - anywhere. I checked very carefully.

Good to know.

Just the standard most popular shade of silver - to get price one takes what they have.

T did increase the rebate by $500 but the net prices stayed the same or went up.

If one insist that they honor what they advertise - perhaps make them an offer they can't refuse - like lawsuit/publicity of the nasty kind

- then after about 2-3 hours the 'scum' will give up and accept your cash and let you have your new wheels at the advertised price. It really is disgusting to deal with that kind of low-life. I just do not understand why the public 'just love the shopping experience.

Reply to
Joe Lauton

Another possible situation is that a dealer has too many of one color. If he has 30 silver Siennas and no other colors, they are a little harder to unload.

Threatening dealerships with lawsuits does not scare them. They are generally aware of laws and what they can and cannot do. To get a deal, walk out and wait for them to call. ;-)

Reply to
Ray O

$18,888 For a new Sienna? Wow, that's cheaper than many new Camry.

Reply to
ZR

These people truly do not care - even about lawsuits. They do care about bad publicity and being inconvenienced. (My background is in environmental matters negotiating with civil servants.) These specials as a rule would 'evaporate' within minutes or an hour at most. So one gets the paper early and start auto-re dialing them 10 min before opening time and ask if they actually have the car and if they take check. I had them fax me the total amount "so I would know the exact amount of the check." That check SAVED MY ASS in that I had written evidence of the "contract"...

jl

Reply to
Joe Lauton