Sienna running lights

I have a 2000 Sienna. Is there an easy way of turning off the running lights (by something like removing a fuse so they may be easily turned back on)?

Reply to
Jack

AFAIK, the solution for turning off the daytime running lights (DRL) is not one that can be easily turned back on.

Reply to
Ray O

Lift up on the brake handle one or two clicks (NO MORE!!!). This will turn the DRL's off and give you a red warning light on the dash!

Reply to
Hachiroku

In the 04 there's a dummy fuse (link) in the fuse box under the hood.

Reply to
dbu the benevolent one not

My 2000 Sienna has the parking brake as a foot pedal. push on, push off. I don't think it is possible to push it on just one or two clicks, but I will try and see later today.

-- wINgnuT "of no ilk"

Reply to
Wingnut

Why would you want to turn off your DRLs? I can turn them off on my Avalon, but I never do. It's not as if you're running down the battery or harming anything by leaving them on.

Reply to
mack

This is what happened last time I asked this question:

or

badgolferman

Oops..that's right!

Let me know if this works!

Reply to
Hachiroku

I was curious, so I just went to check it out on my 2000 Sienna. If you push the parking brake all the way down, you hear a series of maybe 6 to 8 clicks. You can push it down until you hear just one click, and it will stay there. I don't have any way of determining how much the brake is braking in this condition. In any case, the DRL's remain on no matter where the brake is set.

-- WingNut "of no ilk"

Reply to
Wingnut

Not if the brake is set prior to turning on the car.

Reply to
badgolferman

Have you tried the link lately?

Reply to