Sienna running lights

I have a 2000 Sienna. Is there an easy way of turning off the running lights (by something like removing a fuse so they may be easily turned back
on)?

AFAIK, the solution for turning off the daytime running lights (DRL) is not one that can be easily turned back on.
--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)
On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 07:07:40 -0500, Jack wrote:

Lift up on the brake handle one or two clicks (NO MORE!!!). This will turn the DRL's off and give you a red warning light on the dash!

In the 04 there's a dummy fuse (link) in the fuse box under the hood.

"Hachiroku" wrote
Jack wrote:

My 2000 Sienna has the parking brake as a foot pedal. push on, push off. I don't think it is possible to push it on just one or two clicks, but I will try and see later today.
-- wINgnuT "of no ilk"
On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 17:16:53 +0000, Wingnut wrote:

Oops..that's right!
Let me know if this works!
"Hachiroku" wrote
Wingnut wrote:

I was curious, so I just went to check it out on my 2000 Sienna. If you push the parking brake all the way down, you hear a series of maybe 6 to 8 clicks. You can push it down until you hear just one click, and it will stay there. I don't have any way of determining how much the brake is braking in this condition. In any case, the DRL's remain on no matter where the brake is set.
-- WingNut "of no ilk"
Wingnut, 10/4/2006, 3:02:30 PM,

Not if the brake is set prior to turning on the car.

Why would you want to turn off your DRLs? I can turn them off on my Avalon, but I never do. It's not as if you're running down the battery or harming anything by leaving them on.
Jack, 10/4/2006, 8:07:40 AM,

This is what happened last time I asked this question:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.autos.toyota/browse_frm/thread/759bdd c150baa0c2/7087dc6ae1e6fb3a?lnk=st&qytime+running+light+badgolferman& rnum=3#7087dc6ae1e6fb3a
or
http://tinyurl.com/pmymp

Have you tried the link lately?