Sienna Taillight Question

Had the left rear stop light bulb (not the one on the tailgate but the one on the left rear side) burn out on my 2000 Sienna.

I can remove the two bolts at the lift gate jam, but how do you get the two clips at the front of the light assembly to turn loose without breaking?

Thanks for any advise.

Reply to
jasman

"jasman" wrote in news:0224cdae$0$12850$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

You remove the bolts, then swivel the lamp outwards, pivoting on the clips you mention. Might take a bit of a tug to get the assembly to move.

Do you have an Owner's Manual?

Reply to
Tegger

Ok so the trick is just to pull the clips out straight and not bend/break them. I wondered if there was some kind of release on the inside that I couldn't see.

Read the manual, surely you jest :) I'll get it out of the glove box and take a look for additional guidance.

Thanks

Reply to
jasman

"jasman" wrote in news:R6lCj.15978$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe06.lga:

The manual has a picture showing the removal procedure. Once you see that it will become completely clear what I meant by the term "swiveling".

Reply to
Tegger

"Tegger" ...

I had to pull _really_ hard to swivel mine out. I too thought that there must have been something else holding it. the first time you move it you must overcome it being stuck on there really well. The next time it is easier. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

That first time is scarry. It pops with a vengeance and one thinks uh-oh, but it all came off ok.

Reply to
dbu

"dbu" ...

True that. I did think I broke something. Turned out that it was OK. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

Someone could have a lot of fun with that post if taken out of context...

Reply to
Ray O

I'm sure someone will, LOL!!

Reply to