Tail Light Assembly

Hi there. I noticed the right rear backup light is burned out on my

98 F150. I tried to remove tail light assembly but am not sure how to do it without breaking the thing. All I can find are two screws that are exposed when the tail gate is opened. I removed them and the assembly kind of gets loose but is being held in place somehow where the light wraps around towards the box exterior. I don't want to go and pry on anything and risk breaking the thing. Is there a catch or another screw/bolt I'm missing??
Reply to
skye

Haven't had to do it yet, but: Here's a previous post I found through Google that might help:

""Hi gang. The back-up light on the rear passenger side is burntout, or at least not working. I tried to remove the assembly to gain access but could not get the whole thing to come out and I didn't want to force it lest I break something. I found two screws/bolts where the frame and end gate meet and backed them out but like I said, the assembly seems attached to the fender part somehow. Is there a trick to taking the assembly off? I see no other screws or bolts to remove.""

AA: If it's like the explorer, there are clips on the bottom that will sound like you're destroying them when you pull them loose. Be brave. It's ok.

CJB

************* It's like that on the '97 F-150. Just close your eyes and grunt.
Reply to
ILoveBeer