Snow Plow For 2007 Tundra Full Size Truck?

Does anyone know if the new Tundra will be able to handle a snow plow? I have a Boss 8'2" Poly Vee plow that weighs approximately 1100 pounds mounted on a Ford F-250 SD. A F-150 won't handle that kind of weight on the front and I understand that if you modify one to mount a plow, it voids the warranty. Toyota claims it will be full size, but does that mean comparable to a Ford F-150 or the SD line? I would certainly sell my Ford to buy a new Tundra but it must work with the plow.

Reply to
nowhere

I suspect that bossplows.com will have information soon.

Reply to
Ray O

The 2007 tundra will definetly be able to handle a plow, toyota has sent trucks to some of the big plow manufactures. Fisher will be the first to have a plow for the vehicle and I assume all other manufacturers will follow. any other questions about the new tundra you can email me at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
toyotatruckchampion

Thanks champ, I contacted Boss Plows and they told me that the new Tundra will only accept a "sport plow". It is a 7' straight plow that fits on the truck, and the undercarriage is a lighter built package than the regular plows. I have a 8'2" Boss Poly V carried on a F-250 SD and it's a bit too heavy for the Tundra, Boss tells me. When it's mounted, you are cantilevering over a half a ton off the front springs. With this plow package the Tundra won't handle the weight unfortunately. I sure wish it could. IMHO, except for the capacity, the Tundra is a superior vehicle. Where I live we run plows on for five months of the year and they had better be well built. Alot of stress is transferred to it when you run into an ice berm at 15-20 mph. Some guys plow faster than that!

Reply to
user