Wheel alignment

I had the Highlander in Tuesday for rotation & balance - the Cross-Terrains are at about 45k miles and tech says looking great.

I got to thinking about alignment. As best I can recall the last wheel alignment I had was in maybe 96. I had an explorer about that time but recall neither it nor none of the Toyotas ever showing signs of an alignment need.

Is this unusual or am I just lucky?

Reply to
Ron

Or conscientious driving, like avoiding potholes, curbs, and banging into driveways with curbs.

Reply to
Ray O

So how do you like those Michelins? I need new shoes for my '04 AWD Highlander, and have been vacillating between the Cross Terrains and the Goodyear Fortera Tripletreds.

BC

Reply to
BCDrums

Gentle bumps shouldn't hurt the alignment, but hard ones do take a toll. Just watch to make sure that the tires wear evenly and count your blessings!

Reply to
Ray O

The Highlander came with Bridgestone Duelers. I was so fed up with them I pulled them at 19k and put on the x-terrains. Now at about 64k and they're wearing fine. I feel like they are as good now as the Duelers were about new! Never had the Goodyears so can't make a good comparison. I'd suggest reading the reviews on tirerack - they seem pretty fair to me. I live in Redding, Ca where 110+ days in summer and winter No, East or West within 15 miles you can be in snow on road. So far the Michelins have done fine for me. Also have the MXV4's on the last two Avalons. I bought at Costco & Use their rotate/balance as needed. 5k or so. Ron

Reply to
Ron