Someone mention Manuals? (Haynes, in particular)

OK, so my Mazda came with a Haynes manual. An OLD haynes manual.

WOW! Now, I have a Haynes for my Celica, my Corolla, and my soon to be defunct Voyager. They were all printed within the last 5 years.

The manual with the Mazda was the older, grey-covered version. HOLY CRAP! The difference of information is amazing. The older one has the Spark Plug pictures, a complete reference to the car, and the disassembly and reassembly descriptions and pictures are absolutely wonderful!

The newer ones aren't anywhere near as helpful. For example, the newer one I just bought for the van didn't offer a very good description at all on how to release the adjuster on the rear brakes. I guess they figured you just knew this.

Also, all through the manual, it is talking about carbeurator. I could swear this car has FI...it does. And the section marked ADDENDUM has all the information needed concerning the FI, the 12-valve engine, and the Hydraulic lifters on the 12 valve engine.

Too bad they aren't like this anymore...I may even try changing the timing belt myself this time!

Reply to
Hachiroku

You should email Haynes. IMHO they need to be told this, firmly.

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson

But if your car is less than 5 or 10 years old they ain't got S%%t.

Reply to
Joe Lauton

Done!

Reply to