speed governors

Hey gentlemen,i would love to know how much speed governors cost in dollars.It has become mandatory to have them installed in cars back home...and they cost 300USD!!!!.i would love to compare prices and perhaps get one intrested person so we can export them back there:market is ready,email me at steve snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com,if you are intrested

Reply to
kassy

Depends on the car, since they either need to link to the speedometer cable or tap into the electronic signal pulses from the speedometer in an EFI equipped car.

There are several different types of speedometer cable fittings and core ends you would need to couple to, and every car's speedometer cable turns at a different speed for a given road speed. You would have to test drive each car and calibrate the system.

And then you have to figure out how to do the fuel cut without damaging the engine. Ignition cut is easy - but that will kill the muffler from backfires or the catalyst from overheating when you start dumping unburned fuel into it...

And you haven't mentioned what country and exactly how the law is written. IIRC Saudi Arabia only requires an audible and visual alarm if you go over the national speed limit, and that would be a lot easier to rig than an actual engine governor.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

I believe all fuel-injected Toyotas have an RPM limiter that cuts fuel - I suppose a speed governor could do the same thing.

Reply to
Ray O

Ha, Sounds like California is coming up with a new technology requirement to protect us from going too fast -- I knew it was coming! I've seen electronic ignition systems that you can set the maximum RPMs which would affet your top end speed. Some trucks also use GPS based ones.

Reply to
Wolfgang

I have news for you every car sold in the US today is speed governed at a speed designated by the type of tire on the vehicle. Only those with 'Z' rated tires are not limited. The tire is rated at a higher speed than the cars are capable of reaching.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter