Stolen from another group: Fox News

Oh blow it out your ear!! LOL!

Bill Putney

But if you go with that, and conclude that therefore it is inappropriate to have shows like the Cosbys on, and you therefore have to have mostly shows that reflect the squalor and/or "nastier" (sorry - there must be a better word) side of life that is reality for many, that's not honest either, and it does the "race" an injustice also by portraying them as people that can't rise above their circumstances and that maybe enjoy the victimhood. We could compare shows like Good Times, the Jeffersons, etc. One show that I think should have been considered offensive was offended me was Martin. The character "Shanaynay" is exactly the wrong image that should be portrayed, yet it reinforced a stereotype.

Not trying to sound preachy. I suspect we agree 99.9% on this and that you won't disagree with the above. But - hey - no problem if you disagree.

Those recessive genes can do funny things. :)

Bill Putney

Gawd, don't get me started. But *I* didn't see the Cosby show as being a problem on the whole, but I certainly heard from others who didn't like it for those reasons.

They can't be that dominant in anybody! One child, maayyybe, but two? Nope.

On that same note, here's something interesting that happened when two biracial folks had kids (By the way, not to be nauseatingly PC, but no biracial person I know likes to be called "mixed" - that's dogs and cats LOL):

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

So maybe the only difference between you guys and Charles is that he's seen the same behavior in all races, and you guys will eventually get there? :)

Bill Putney

Hah - that's neat. So different and yet so much alike. They look - like sisters. Who'd a thunk it!

Better that than "high yeller [yellow]".

Bill Putney

Over to you, Hachi!

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Actually that, "yella"

:-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I've heard it all three ways in my lifetime. Sophisticated people say "high yellow". :)

Bill Putney

Comic strip? They have a strip, too?

I'll have to look for that.

At first it was bothering me with how much they were using the "N" word, but now that I get the point, it makes sense.

Reply to
hachiroku

Actually, yes. Springfield MA is a good example.

It has to do with being 'cool' and the rappers are such excellent role models for youth that they all try to get guns and drugs so they can act like gangstas and thugs. There's a shooting at least every weekend in Springfield, a city of ~100,000.

And it's not just the black and hispanic kids, although they do make up the majority.

Reply to
Hachiroku