Subaru Trans Band adjustment, again...

I took the car out the last few days (Thurs, Fri Sat) and added about 30 miles to the clock. Pleased to report everything seems to have sorted itself out just fine. No more 'grabbing' after ~1 mile or so, running nice and smooth, smooth up/downshifts and immediate kick-down.

Whatever it was causing the binding has stopped, and the car is fun to drive again!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Great.. Sometimes you find that after adjustment or other work on a tranny. Hope it works for you for a long time

Reply to
HLS

Nice! Now if only you could put that type of repair in a can and sell it. You might even convert Ray.

Reply to
user

Yup! We now have a '97 Escort with 135 K miles, and it has bumped the '97 Avalon off of the bottom of the list of cars in the O kids try not to drive. The Escort is in good shape for being 11 years old but it doesn't have the goodies our other cars have like CD changer, power leather seats, automatic headlights, and a nice, quiet ride. The rear struts sound like a donkey when you pull out of the driveway, the engine is pretty loud compared to our other cars, and the 3 speed automatic trans has a harsh 1-2 shift. The kids will have to learn to live with the donkey and noise, I'll tackle change the ATF and transmission filter when the weather gets a little warmer.

Reply to
Ray O

Warm weather is just around the corner Ray and like last year, I'll leave the blade on the truck until April for you and Hachi so I won't jinks it. Then you can take care of those donkey's.

Reply to
user

I can! (a 17mm offset wrench, a 200 in-lb torque wrench, and a 10mm square socket...)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Oh. Yeah. That was you!

I think you might have to leave it on a little longer this year!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Thanks, but I think we're getting snow tomorrow night. :-( Depending on which weather guesser you listen to, anywhere from 1 to 6 inches.

I think I'm changing an intake manifold gasket on a friend's Windstar this weekend to get rid of the check engine light so that they can get it emissions tested so that they can get their registration renewed before the end of the month. A friend who is a Ford master tech has offered to help, so I'm hoping to get them down the road in under a half hour.

Reply to
Ray O