Radio Died in 2003 OBW - Can anyone help?

I have an 03 OBW and my radio just stopped working. While away the car sat for a week in a garage, I started it and the radio was fine - drove a few miles - turned the radio off then later tried to turn it back on and it was dead. I checked many fuses (Not all) related to and including stuff like the radio, clock (When I pulled the clock fuse the clock was still on - weird), power locks, seats, lighter etc. All were fine. Even switched some around in case I couldn't see the break. I tried my best to reach behind to radio to see if anything was loose (I don't know how to pull it out from the front to check). Would anyone have any simple or easy ideas or suggestions to try before I take it back in to the dealer? I searched the group for old posts and came up empty. I know it's under warranty but it's not easy to lose my car for a day while they look at it. Then possibly a 2nd day as when I called the dealer they said they farm out radio problems. Thanks in advance, Jim / NJ PS- Just to check - I attempted to insert a CD and it won't do that either so no power is getting to it at all. I let the car sit a day and tried again too in case there was a breaker or anything causing the problem.

Reply to
Jim

Sounds like you are looking at the wrong fuses. If you pulled the clock fuse, the clock would stop working.

Reply to
Alan

I pulled the right fuse(s) for sure. One said radio / clock and when I pulled it the clock still was on. I even double checked the # next to the fuse slot to make sure I wasn't looking at the schematic backwards or anything. I even just ran outside to look again as I was typing to be sure and it's fuse #9 - radio / clock and the #9 is right next to it too. Funny - my clock is on the dash - not in the radio like most other brand cars but the same fuse controls both I guess. There's another clock fuse under the hood too but it's fine. Not that it means anything w/ today's cars but I used to be a mechanic in the "old" days which is why I pulled many fuses and switched some around too just to be sure. Back then a fuse could look fine but be blown. The car is going in the dealer tonight but they said they'd just order a new radio and it would have to go back in a 2nd time. I hope they at least look for wires etc that came loose which is why I am leaving it. They offered me to drive by to see the brand radio so I didn't lose my car for two days but I said no. Thanks - you at least made me look again to be sure. Jim

Reply to
Jim