Supra AT without an ECT?

I was readin the TSRM for my Supra, and it said to do the 'manual shifting test' with the ECT disconnected.

Now, I think we know by now that I have to shift the damn thing manually anyway. Are there any consequences/benefits from disconnecting the ECT in this case?

Reply to
SupraGenius

You'll probably get a flashing OD light. Come to think of it, OD may not work since that is actuated by a switch.

Reply to
Ray O

Yes. Incorrect test -> no usable results. Diagnosis or guess.

Reply to
Bo Yancey