Test drive: 2013 Toyota RAV4

I don't mean to turn this into the SUVs site or anything, but this is one of those vehicles I've been curious about ever since I saw it at last year's Los Angeles Auto Show. The new RAV4 represents a very different direction for Toyota, at least in terms of styling -- so are we going to see a change in the way their cars drive? Perhaps a new personality to go with the new look? Find out in Jason's 2013 Toyota RAV4 review. (And if you'd like to take a closer look at the new RAV4, I suggest his RA... Read More:

----------------------------------- Toyota NewsHub: Latest auto news sourced from websites, portals and blogs

sjmmail2000-247

of those vehicles I've been curious about ever since I saw it at last year 's Los Angeles Auto Show. The new RAV4 represents a very different directio n for Toyota, at least in terms of styling -- so are we going to see a chan ge in the way their cars drive? Perhaps a new personality to go with the ne w look? Find out in Jason's 2013 Toyota RAV4 review. (And if you'd like to take a closer look at the new RAV4, I suggest his RA...

I'd rather see them make Corolla wagons again.. And small pickups like they used to build in the 80's. These SUV's these days are too bloated.. I want a *small* wagon, and no one makes them anymore. Or at least for sale in this country.. And the Matrix is *not* what I have in mind. I'm talking a true small wagon, not a baby SUV. And I know I'm not the only one complaining about this. I see and hear many others say the same thing.

Reply to
nm5k

Subarus seem to come to mind...

Reply to
badgolferman

Even those are not what I'm looking for. Most are all wheel drive, etc, and do not get the gas mileage you would get from a conventional 2WD wagon. I looked at what they sell now, and the Forester is probably the closest to be an actual wagon. But it's more like a baby Jeep Cherokee than a Corolla wagon. It's not really designed to be a gas sipper. IE: max highway 32 mpg according to them. The others barely qualify as wagons, as I define a wagon, but instead are baby SUV type rigs that sit too tall to be real gas sippers. What I have in mind would get nearly the same mpg as the sedan version, and sit no higher than the sedan. And the rear would be more like the old wagons, and not like the curved back SUV looking things. It should get 40 mpg on the highway, same as my Corolla sedan. "I actually get 43 at 65 mph, 41 at 70 mph, and less the faster you go." A rated max of 32 mpg won't quite cut it.

No one seems to be making a gas sipper truck anymore. Toyota used to make the perfect model, until they got delusions of grandeur, and decided to bloat them up.

Reply to
nm5k

Jetta diesel, but I wouldn't recommend VW to my worst enemy.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty