Test drove a Yaris

Still wanting a Liftback, the dealer had a couple sedans to tryout. Unfortunately, Automatics. Expecting lethargy, it seemed to take off well. Not zoom, zoom, but adequate.

On the highway, I was asking why the thing is turning nearly 4000 rpm while doing 68. "Oh, you have it in 3rd", said the salesman. So I push the shift lever over to the right and mentioned that I don't know how to drive an auto. What is with those weird stepped shift levers anyway...

Engine is noisy when pushed, but normal driving, fine.

What boggles the mind is the price. About 17K with all the toys it had. A spec edition Scion Tc is on the lot with plenty of accessories for $15.5K.

john

Reply to
JohnR66

I would go with the Corolla there is not that much difference in price or mileage and there is more car for the money.

Reply to
twfsa

Where's this?!?!

Reply to