The Price Of Gas...Again

Our thursday night get together (Three middle-aged guys and one guy's son, to drink a little and play a lot of music) had a lot of discussion about the 'little guy's' liver. Guess after a road trip to VA and TN he had to hang it out on the clothes line for a few days to let it dry out.

I was a good boy tonight...I only had TWO Everclear drinks...

Reply to
HachiRoku

HachiRoku wrote in news:w7eNe.2869$wb.1256@trndny08:

The Chinese thing does not impress me. Chinese demand has been increasing steadily at about the same rate since 1986. It might be a factor, but not a big one.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

I tend to find the BBC breakfast news too dry. What I heard was on GMTV.

Keep in mind that in the UK, the BBC has been dubbed Blair's Broadcasting company, so it couldn't be seen to be criticising an Allie of our glorious leader.

GMTV is independant and gets it's funding from Advertisers, not from state handouts and the TV license (TV tax). If you own a TV set, even if you never watch BBC, or never even tune it to recieve BBC, you still need to pay the TV license to fund the BBC.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

It was an independant TV program, rather than the Tax funded BBC, so it is free to say something anti american/anti government, instead of wedging it's tongue firmly between cheeks.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar
Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Stations funded by Advertisers can't be anti-majority (50.1% is enough). On the other hand, publicly funded stations tend to have both sides.

Reply to
XYZ ABC

LOL! I had a friend from Jolly Olde that had his telly seized for not paying the tax!

GMTV sounds like our PBS/NPR setup. Every so oftem (like right now...) they blow off their regularly scheduled programming and run programs to help them beg for money. I'm watching The Celtic Women right now, a group of relatively unknowns with absolutely stunning voices...

And as for your view of the BBC, I certainly don't get that impression from the World News Today programme...

Reply to
HachiRoku