Toyota adding larger cab to revamped Tundra pickups (Chicago Tribune)

Toyota Motor Corp., aiming to boost U.S. sales of large pickups by nearly two thirds, will offer the option of a bigger interior on its new line of Tundra trucks that go on sale next year.

Reply to
admin

It seems like Toyota is hell bent on ruining the onlty good thing about the Tundra - the size. Oh well, I never could make an acceptable deal with a Toyota dealer. I suppose the new Tundra will fit in the same cartoon vehicle category as the awful Titan.

Reply to
C. E. White

What do you mean "the size"? Lack of legroom in the rear seat, perhaps?

I wonder if Toyota's new Tundra factory in San Antonio will allow them to avoid the 25% US-imposed tariff on full-size trucks, thus offering you a more acceptable deal.

What the heck is Step-Side? Is that four wheels in back?

Reply to
Bill Tuthill

For people who need to carry and/or tow a lot of weight, there's nothing like a full-size pickup truck. I haven't seen the new 2007 Tundra, but previously Toyota still had not equalled the comfort of Chevy, the utility of Ford, or the diesel engine of Dodge. Most likely the Tundra is more reliable than its competitors, but the Silverado gets better gas mileage and is available in a wider variety of custom configurations. The Cummins diesel in the Dodge gets 23-24 mpg on the highway, a friend reports.

That's news to me, thanks.

Reply to
Bill Tuthill

That's not unique to the Tundras, most pickups have plastic bed liners with "hermitically sealed" looking bed covers, I ask the owners about it an usually the response is something like "well in a few years I intend to move and might need a truck then". Generally these people get everything delivered and pull a small utility box trailer to carry firewood and their bikes (cause it too hard to roll them into and out of the bed).

Reply to
joep1000