Toyota Alphabet soup quiz

No, I just couldn't think of all of them at the time I sent out the first quiz.

We could go an additional round and add some more: (hint: some are personnel titles)

CV FIPG RTV TEMS FTS DSM DM DPM STS CRA CRM RO WRO CPRO SAE TTEN NCD UCD CSI

Reply to
Ray O

"Ray O" wrote in message news:c4fd4$455de082$44a4a10d$ snipped-for-privacy@msgid.meganewsservers.com...

I'm sure you do, Ray.

TMMK stands for "Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky, which is the mega huge plant in Georgetown KY, where all the Avalons and Solaras are built, and something like 80% of the Camrys come from there. We visited there last May, and if anyone wants to see how cars are made, go take the tour there. It is about 1 and a quarter hours, and you should call ahead for reservations, which may be a day or two later. (We were lucky in that the day we went, there were a few cancellations, so the wait was only 45 minutes.) I was really impressed by the efficiency of the plant, and the way Toyota is interested in their employees. If I've told you this before forgive me, but one of the incentives to go to work there and not take a "sick day" just because you would rather go fishing is that at year's end, all the workers who have perfect attendance records have their names put in a hat or a drum, and fifteen names are drawn.....those fifteen lucky employees get as their prize .........a brand new Toyota, with even the tax and license paid by Toyota! They knock out 2 cars (from two assembly lines) every fifty-five seconds. Every assembly procedure along the way takes no more than 55 seconds, except the painting and the installation of the convertible top on the Solara convertible, which takes 10 minutes. The completed cars leave the plant in railroad cars, not trucks, and TMMK is immediately paid by Toyota Sales Corporation for the cars. As our host said, they don't care if it takes a year to sell the car to the consumer, because that's Toyota Sales' job, because they get their money when the car leaves the plant. It's amazing to see rolls of steel which are cut up and stamped by presses, and see the completed car come out the other end. And though you might consider Toyota a Japanese company, very few of the components come from Japan, since Toyota has over 70 parts manufacturers in the US.

Reply to
mack

I was totally wrong...the 2000GT had Solex Carbs...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Mine isn't so bad. 228,500 and still going.

"Son, you're gonna drive me t'drinkin If you don't quit driving that Hot Rod Lincoln."

I still find it somewhat ironic that both Cadillac and Lincoln were started by the same guy. . . .

Charles of Schaumburg.

Reply to
n5hsr

Constant Velocity (always wondered about this: If it were Constant Velocity, wouldn't that mean the car would never slow down?)

Form-in-place gasket (Gasket Goo)

What happens when you buy a Geo with Delco electronics (Return to Vendor...? ;)

Toy Elec. Managed Suspension? (Not on MY Supra, though...)

Customer Returened Material

Repair Order

Warranty Repair Order

Soc. of Automotive Engineers

New Car Dealer

Used Car Dealer

Crime Scene Investigation

Reply to
Hachiroku

My '73 Volvo P-1800ES had EFI! The 'computer' was under the seat. We opened it up to take a look one time, and it was an Elec. Tech's nightmare! Transistors, resistors, NO CHIPS! Amazing it even worked!

Reply to
Hachiroku

I learned something new today!

Thanks,

Reply to
Ray O

The name Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky came after I left the company; it use to be just TMM. The addition of Princeton and now San Antonio necessitated the additional locational designation.

I've been to TMMK as well as the Tahara plant for dealer new car introduction soirees. Toyota does take good care of associates. I worked for Toyota Motor Distributors, every employee, including secretaries and receptionists, would get a gift when the company passed sales milestones, at

5, 10, 15, etc. year employment anniversaries with the company, and when you got married. You got a savings bond and a car seat about a month before children were born.
Reply to
Ray O

**room temperature vulcanizing**
**close - Toyota electronically modulated suspension**
** customer relations manager**

** or new car department and used car department**

**LOL! not quite**
Reply to
Ray O

Youve been looking at the PCB inside my ECU havent you?

Spent forever going along the line of pins attempting to decode all

50-odd pin designations to wire in the megasquirt. Found almost all of them online eventually.
Reply to
Coyoteboy

(hint) The pin designations are in the factory repair manual ;-)

Reply to
Ray O

TMS = toyota motor sales

Reply to
Ratko

What the *HELL* is THAT Kludge?!?!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Didnt have one then :-) Do now lol. Its more fun hunting anyway!

Reply to
Coyoteboy

It was exactly that - a kludge lol. It was me temporarily "adjusting" (in a manner that could be returned to normal) a late spec JDM ECU so it would work in my early spec UK wiring harness as a plug 'n' play solution. Worked just fine, despite looking a bit ugly. Now the megasquirt looks something similar but works a lot better :)

Note the big nest of wires to the rear isnt part of it, it was part of an old harness lol. The MS wasnt designed to fit in a toyota case (surprise) so it had to be modified with the 37 pin connector shifted off the board and the MAP sensor off the board too. But now its using the stock wiring without need to run messy new wiring around the car.

Coyoteboy