Toyota Corolla 2002: Noise when car is started, in drive, and in reverse

Ok just got back from the dealership. They checked my car out for me which cost $50! But they told me that my right engine mount is loose and that it is worn so I need to get a new one. I was nervous waiting to find out what it was that was causing the vibration...but at least now I know! Thanks again guys for all you help!!!

Reply to
Jessica via CarKB.com

Hmmm, without looking at the vehicle, I would not have guessed that a 3 year old vehicle would have a worn engine mount because I have never heard of one going so early.

Reply to
Ray O

I agree, that's pretty early...might have been a problem in manufacture with it...engine mounts (when they finally do go) can make a lelluva lot of vibration though, surprising...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Due to Toyota's consistent assembly methods, Toyota has very few one-of-a-kind problems. For the most part, problems will happen to most vehicles or almost none of the vehicles. I do not recall any posts in this ng regarding failed motor mounts, and like I said, 3 years is very soon for a failed motor mount, unless it was disturbed somehow, like in an accident.

Reply to
Ray O

Might have been....I got in a fender bender but it didn't do too much damage to my car. Just needed new headlights because the placstic broke behind them and a paint job for my bumper. The impact of that might have been enough to do something to it. Who knows! When I hit the car in front of me I was coming to a stop at a light...not fast at all. I don't see how that could have caused anything to happen but anything is possible!

Reply to
Jessica via CarKB.com