Toyota Verso air freshner?

Hi I wonder if you can help me. I hope this is the right group to ask. While my company car went for a repair I had a rented Toyota Verso (UK). Every time the air con kicked in there was a fresh puff of something I could describe as "new car aroma" from the vents. How does this work and what fragrant they (Toyota) uses? Regards Peter

Reply to
peter

I am not familiar with how the Verso that you rented achieved the new car aroma, but in the U.S., one can purchase an automotive fragrance labeled "New Car." I know that GM dealers used to sell the stuff as an aerosol spray, along with other scents like pine, baby powder, etc. The new car scent is probably also available as a liquid or solid that can be placed near the intake.

BTW, avid hunters can purchase doe urine and mix it with the pine scented freshener to re-live their experiences in the woods.

Reply to
Ray O

It is likely the deodorizer Rental Car Companies spray into the HVAC system to cover up orders from the previous user

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Thanks for the replay guys, I thought it would be something specific to Toyota regards peter

Reply to
peter