Toyota Yaris

Did you buy a Toyota Yaris this year? How much did you pay the dealer?

My dealer is offering a quote for $12825 /-

Reply to
Camry Owner

I talked them down to 13 grand on my Yaris Sedan just a few weeks ago.

If you're getting that price on the internet then that is probablly their internet price. Thats how they get you in the store. Very rarely will you end up buying the one you see on the web. However, you can cite that when in negotiations.

First off, what kind of Yaris is it? The Hatchback or the Sedan? What goodies come with it?

If you can get them down to 13 grand then thats usually about right...

Reply to
Go Mavs

That's a good price, considering the car is kind of based on the Tercel, and my '95 Tercel had an MSRP of $12,750.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Perhaps but what was the total drive home price? I.E. taxes, government and dealer fees, required options, interest etc?

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I walked out at 13,600. I put 3 grand down and got my payments to 222. So

10,600... is what I owe at this point.

The tax on it was around 1100 but I traded in my POS 93 Camry for about

900... I was shocked they put 900 on it but aparently they can auction it off for parts. Aparently those cars are big money makers for those in the repair business who want to rebuild the parts.
Reply to
Go Mavs

It is a good price. and its a smooth ride. There are a few things I would change about it but its a good economy car and I sure as hell would rather have a yaris than a kia... hehe...

Reply to
Go Mavs

The Toyota dealer I worked at also sold KIAs. The Rio Cinqo was nice. Remended me of some of my Toys from the 80's.

But I don't think I could drive something with the initials for Killed In Action...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Which one of the Kias has the 100 thousand mile warranty?

Reply to
Go Mavs

I think they all do. They are gaining notariety for warping heads...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Yaris sedan w/ some packages ( i believe mp3 plug, 15 inch wheels plus winter package) - talked down from $ 14200 to $ 13600 ( before taxes and "title fees"); "title fees in Ohio = $ 280 (?); i traded in my

2000 Subaru Outback Ltd. w/ 131 K on odo- they gave me $ 5000; paid cash of $ 8600 plus " taxes and fees"- for some reason they only charged me sales tax for the difference between negotiated Yaris' price and my trade.... kd p.s. on that particular Yaris sedan I managed to avoid paying $ 150 for floor mats and "cargo mat" - car came with bare floor ( brought my own rubbers)
Reply to
daszkiew2000

That's right. They'll collect the sale tax on your trade-in when it's sold.

Reply to
jim menning

You've already paid the Sales Tax on the Subaru. That would be double-dipping (like, it's never been done before! ;). So, they are taking a tax on the actual *Cash* price of the car.

Reply to
Hachiroku

There has always been "double-dipping" in most states when sales tax is collected at the time of sale for second-hand merchandise.

Most states collect sales tax at the time of sale of any used car. In the case of collectible cars that may have changed owners a dozen or more times, and gone up in value over the years, the combined total sales tax can easily exceed the original cost of the car.

Reply to
jim menning