Um, which exhaust do I use for my Supra?

1988 Supra. There are two exhausts listed: California, for about 159.00, and Federal, for about $217.00. Obviously, it would be nice to get away with the Calif trans!

But, the car is Canadian!! I have no idea which one to put on it.

I can get a Federal Bosal for $177.

Reply to
Hachiroku

I don't think there's a difference from the US and Canadian models...except for the California models perhaps.

Are you truly able to get a catback exhaust for less than $200? Are these used or just the muffler itself?

Reply to
Viperkiller

The Toyota 1 piece, from a 'wholesaler' in Haverhill, MA is $217. The Bosal, also a 1 piece welded system from AZ is $177. Walker also sells a welded system, but I don't feel like replacing it again in 2 years.

I'm not sure of the construction on the Bosal system, but the Toyota system is Stainless Steel. Both are guaranteed for life...but the Toyota is ONLY if installed by the dealer!

Reply to
Hachiroku

I forgot that you're trying to restore it. I checked with my local dealer here and they said they'd charge me 1/2 hr to install the exhaust. That's worth it if you wish to have the warranty, especially living up north. It really depends on what you're willing to pay though.

I put HKS on my 91 Turbo.

Reply to
Viperkiller

I wouldn't say exactly 'restoring' it; right now 'fighting fires' is a more adequate description!

But I do want it to pass inspection! 1/2 hour?!?! Damn! Where are you?

Reply to
Hachiroku

Florida. I do a lot of business with one dealer here so I get a "preferred" price and bill time. Besides, it merely takes 10 mins to put it once on a lift right?

Reply to
Viperkiller

Oh, boy, I dunno! It's all one piece, and it looks like a Plumber's Nightmare!

But, there is a guy at the local dealer I call "Supraman". I think he's had 5 of the things. I bet he could do it in less than 15 mins!

Reply to
Hachiroku

I may have my car exhaust confused.

Reply to