VBoiling brake fluid, one more time...

So, I got the slider working just like it should. Took it out for a short ride and felt the wheel, no hotter than any of the others.

So, today I drive the thing to work. A little over 1/2 way I get that old familiar smell, pull over into a parking area (at the local 'ballet', if you get my drift) and watch the Smoke Show. I turned around and drove a mile to where a friend has a repair shop, told him what I did and he says, "Restricted brake line?" I said it looked good but he said it may be blocked internally. So, after the whole mess cools I drive to the Toyota dealer closest to my home, and go into parts. Supraman is there, he looks out and sees it and comes back in and says, "Dragging brakes?" So, I order up a caliper AND a hose; figure if I have to go in there AGAIN I'll do it ALL at once. Then I went to the CarQuest I used to work at and order rotors and pads. If I have to do one side, I might as well do BOTH!

Should get the parts tomorrow afternoon, hopefully any thunderstorms will wait 'till I'm finished!

Boy, I thought that stuck slider was the problem...

Reply to
hachiroku

Some hydraulic lines will rip the inner lining allowing a flap of the lining to act as a 'one way valve'. This can happen so as to shut off the flow of fluid in one direction or the other.

If it will let fluid into the brake caliper but not out then you'll have this problem. I've seen this situation happen in aircraft hydraulic systems.

Reply to
Gord Beaman