What's in our price range that gets more MPG?

We'd be better with something under $5000 for now.

We have a 93 Corolla Wagon but it's getting pretty beat up from this work we do.

It gets 25-30 MPG but a little less with this work because I keep the engine idling for my partner to stay cool in the summer, so maybe 22-23 MPG this way.

But we don't really need the wagon part that much and if we could get 10 MPG more with something else, maybe a 93-95 model might work.

Reply to
Sarah Houston

"Sarah Houston" ...

You must mean a used vehicle, I take it? I don't think any good new ones exist for that price!

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Doh! I didn't even noticed she mentions used vehicles.

But something we noted when searching for a car for our son - used Toyotas usually have hideously high mileage! Sure, they're tougher than most cars, anyway, but I'd hesitate to buy one with >200k

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Reply to
Cathy F.

Reply to
Sarah Houston

That's interesting.

We're interested in leg and headroom, AC, automatic and the most reliable and best MPG possible for under $5000.

Reply to
Sarah Houston

Of the Tercels, Corollas/Matrixes, & Camrys, the Tercels would get the best mpg, the Camrys the least, w/Corollas in the middle. Tercels (IME) not as much leg/headroom, Camrys the most, but the Corollas have plenty of leg & headroom.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Maybe that's why I only see one on our local Craig's list, for sale, and it doesn't have automatic or air.

Reply to
Sarah Houston

The Tercel went out of production quite a long time ago (Wikipedia says '99 was their last year), so probably not that many of them still available.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

I don't know much about that, how come it's a plus?

There are almost none to be found. How picky could I be?

Reply to
Sarah Houston