Will you little boys stay on topic?

Most grown-ups visiting this newsgroup aren't interested in reading your political drivel.

Keep it to Toyotas and cars.

Reply to
Built_Well

I placed OT in the subject line for you. Remember when posting off topics you should place OT in the subject line so that those of us who wish not read about your off topic posting may filter it out.

Thankyou very much, the management.

Reply to
dbu`

The newsgroup has been hi-jacked by politicos and religionists spouting politics and religion, instead of Toyotas, cars, and driving.

Please recall that only 2 topics of the Top 26 in August were on-topic, and they ranked no higher than 17th. A real shame what has happened to this newsgroup.

Spammers, please take religion and politics elsewhere.

You've chased away valuable members like MDT Tech and others.

Thankfully, Ray O has persisted through this barrage of spam, but he also has voiced his displeasure with all of the Off-Topic posts.

Your continuous spam will assure no other experts join.

How many experts does the spam continue to chase away month after month? We can only wonder.

The experts come to this newsgroup, see all the political spam, realize it's not a serious Toyota forum, and leave.

You are doing grave, irreparable harm to this newsgroup.

Nobody likes spam, except the spammers.

Reply to
Built_Well

========

Placing OT in the subject line is not good enough in the least. Experts coming to this newsgroup have to wade through tons of OT posts to find the few on-topic Toyota posts here.

Very few people set filters, espcially a newcomer expert. The first thing he sees is tons of political drivel in a Toyota newsgroup. He's not going to stick around.

We lose newcomer experts because of this. MDT Tech left and I'm sure he knows how to set a filter.

Reply to
Built_Well

It's a real shame what has happened to this newsgroup.

Experts are put off by all the spam and are chased away on a regular basis because of it.

Everyone's continuous spam will assure no other experts join.

The experts come to this newsgroup, see all the political spam, realize it's not a serious Toyota forum, and leave.

** ** ** You all are doing grave, irreparable harm to this newsgroup. ** ** **
Reply to
Built_Well

========

I told you all you were little boys. And I think I'm proven right.

Reply to
Built_Well

What? Is someone coming to your house and forcing you to read posts with titles like "... Klintoon...?" Or haven't you figured out that there's no Toyota model called a "Klintoon?"

Get a grip. OT posts are a fact of life. Ignore them.

Reply to
DH

You can join a moderated group. There are plenty at Yahoo.com, just go to groups home and do a search for your interests.

Reply to
dbu`

========

I want to attract experts to this group, not political "experts."

When knowledgeable Toyota experts come to this group for the first time, they are immediately turned off by all the political junk, the economic posts, etc. And they don't come back. We lose good experts all the time because of all the OT junk in this group.

Unfortunately, the only experts this newsgroup attracts is more political "experts."

Reply to
Built_Well

========

You are so right, Edspyhill.

Reply to
Built_Well

You are seriously wasting your time if you think you can stop OT posts. The Usenet is full of them. Your only solution is to join a moderated board, such as what's available at Yahoo. There are others. Usenet is like the wild west, or the corner pub, sorry but that is the fact of the matter. I post stuff about cars where I think I can help, but it's not very often that someone has a question about the Sienna. There was one just the other day and I followed up with some information to the person, but never heard any acknowlegement or futher activity on that thread. So goes the battle.

Remember the OT in the subject line.

Reply to
dbu`

========

That's not true. If you visit the Honda newsgroup (alt.autos.honda), you'll see very, very little in the way of off-topic posts. Off-topic posts are almost non-existent over there.

Unlike our Toyota group, they're not hobbled with off-topic junk.

The excuse that the reason there are so many off-topic posts here is the reliability of Toyotas is not a valid excuse.

Hondas are nearly as reliable as Toyotas.

There are just 3 main offenders to all the off-topic posts here. And those 3 folks are revealed in BadGolferMan's monthly post of newsgroup statistics.

Top 3 Posters for September:

  1. JoeSpareBedroom (527 posts--well that's less than the 700 last month)

  1. dbu` (348 posts; 355 last month)

  2. Scott in Florida (328 posts, even more than the 200 last month)

These are the top 3 offenders. Please buy a Honda and post over there ;-)

Reply to
Built_Well

Maybe they fail to use OT

I am subscribed to about 50 different NG's, I don't look at each and every one, but do scan over them quickly from time to time. I find a great many OT's and I also find a great many OT's which are not stated as such.

Yes, almost.

I'm not in the market for any other vehicle at this time. If you don't like it here and find the Honda NG so much better then why don't you buy a Honda and hang out over there. If you like Toyotas and own one like I do then why don't you stop flapping your lips about OT and start posting some topics about Toyota as I have in the past.

Reply to
dbu`

Then they generally go to rec.autos.tech.

Reply to
Hachiroku

EdV, you're being disingenuous, because shortly afterward, I penned a message dropping the exception for sex, since it became clear that no exceptions could be made with all the spam that litters this group.

If the little boys want a talk channel, they should go to IRC (Internet Relay Chat). There are lots of general talk channels there where they can excrete all they want about anything they want.

A Toyota newsgroup is not the place for all-day excretions.

The mass spamming is repelling experts everyday, and we need to attract new experts everyday, otherwise the group becomes stale.

Stop ruining the newsgroup with all the unwelcome spam.

Spam is virtually non-existent in the Honda newsgroup.

Please buy a Honda and post over there ;-)

Reply to
Built_Well

========

You are so right, Edspyhill.

Reply to
Built_Well

...And even experts make mistakes. So the more experts we have, the more likely they'll be able to correct each other's mistakes.

But the only thing this spam-group does is repel experts.

Please stay on topic, little boys.

Reply to
Built_Well

EdV, I did not verbally attack Hachiroku. I simply asked him some questions about the nature of his imprisonment. That's not an attack. Try to stay on topic, EdV. You're a newcomer to this group.

Reply to
Built_Well