Wiring for the headlight on a '96 Paseo?

I need the arrangement of the 3 wires that go to the headlight connector (LH) on a '96 Paseo. Anybody know how they should be connected to the back of the connector?

? ----- ---- ---- ? ?

Thanks, Jim

Reply to
jtpryan

For $10/day, you can access the factory service manual & wiring diagrams at techninfo.toyota.com.

Reply to
Ray O

Check the RH connector as they're usually the same.

Reply to
FantomFan

I have an aftermarket connector on he LH connector so it is a bit hard to figure out without taking everything out.

-Jim FantomFan wrote:

Reply to
jtpryan

Get a meter. With the lights OFF, go to the OHMS scale. Ground it Ground the Whole world round, so go to the -side of the bettery and hunt for Zero ohm (or thereabouts...)

when you find that, set the meter to VOLTS, stick the - probe into the socket you have determined as ground, and put the lights on Low beam. The one that has +12V is Low, then check the other for high beam.

Of course, you could skip step 1, put the meter on VOLTS, and at the connector (or wires, if they are bare wires) touch the probes across them. if it read Zero volts, then you have 12 and 12. when you have +12, then the Ground probe is at ground, and if you have -12, then the Positive probe is Ground. Then go from the ground to the other wire to determine which one is High and which one is Low.

Good Luck!

Reply to
Hachiroku