02 Camry battery

My '02 Camry SE 6 cyl spun over a little slower than usual Thursday morning, and I told my wife "The battery's going to die". We had been experiencing some rough shifts (little thump) and what we thought were occasional misfires under deceleration which we hoped would be cured by the 60k mile plug change due next month. Friday night when I had to make a stop on the way home the battery died. New battery worked fine - and - all the other symptoms went away.

Did the new battery cure the problems - if so - how? - or did removing the battery clear some bad info from the computer? Does the computer 'forget' anything if the battery is removed for 10 minutes?

Thanks for any help.

JustDave

Reply to
JustDave

experiencing

With the old battery you were probably running with a little bit lower voltage thus affecting spark. Poor connections can also do this.

The computer does'nt develope bad 'info' thus affecting performance. It just detects problems through sensors and stores the data. This data in no way affects performance. The computer does adjust transmission shift patterns to the drivers' drive patterns. If this memory is lost, the computer will have to relearn it. The Transmission may 'act up' temporarily. Some models lose memory after a battery disconnect but I think some have another backup.

Reply to
hbuck