03' Corolla Dashboard Maintenance

I have a 2003 Toyota Corolla, and I am not sure what to use to keep the dashboard looking nice and new. The dash is obviously made of something other than basic plastic (unlike my '94 4Runner). I have tried Armor-All (or something similar) and ended up having greasy spots all over the dash that had to be washed off. Is there a good product out there to use on this type of dashboard material? I would just like to know what works. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Dave

Dave,

Using Armor-All is perfect for the job. You must not be using it right.

To have perfect protection you must do the following (Note: the label on the bottle tells similar)

1) clean the suface you wish to protect with clean water.

2) Leave to dry for 10 minutes.

3) Apply the Armor-All lightly. Do not over apply the solution.

4) Leave to dry for 30 minutes.

5) Using a damp cloth wipe over the dashboard again. Rinse the cloth every now and then.

5) Your done.

I do this on my 1985 Corolla every 3 months. I don't get any spots. As you can tell I look after my old bomb.

Reply to
sainsdy

Dave,

Using Armor-All is perfect for the job. You must not be using it right.

To have perfect protection you must do the following (Note: the label on the bottle tells similar)

1) clean the suface you wish to protect with clean water.

2) Leave to dry for 10 minutes.

3) Apply the Armor-All lightly. Do not over apply the solution.

4) Leave to dry for 30 minutes.

5) Using a damp cloth wipe over the dashboard again. Rinse the cloth every now and then.

5) Your done.

I do this on my 1985 Corolla every 3 months. I don't get any spots. As you can tell I look after my old bomb.

Reply to
sainsdy

The new dashboards are a flat non-shinny leather grained plastic --- Armor-All will really mess up the appearance. Don't use it on new cars.

Reply to
Wolfgang