06 Camry broken engine block at mount!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Important question!!!!!

My 06 Camry was recently involved in a pretty decent front-end collision. It took our Toyota dealer approximately four months to get us our car back. First, there was a vibration, and a rattling noise, which turned out to be two lose bolts on my front suspension. Second, I just went to get my oil changed for the first time, and the guy tells me that I have an oil leak, maybe by the front seal. This leak was located to the passenger side of the oil pan, and upon further inspection, I was horrified to notice that right in that same area there is a motor mount, where a bolt goes into the engine block. Well, that bolt, and the hole that it is screwed into on the block are now completely broken from the block. Is this dangerous? I will be taking this car right back to the shop first thing in the morning, but I'm wondering what might happen on the way.

Thanks for a speedy reply!

Reply to
hokeypokey

That dealer owes you an engine. They should have caught thew broken block when they did the repair. It was surely caused by the collision. Scott

-- Message posted using

information at

zonie