1990 camry (distributor cap replace question)

Hi All,

I need to replace my spark plug wires and distributor cap. It seems easy enough, but wondering a couple of things. Like where does the silicon go that came with my cap and wires. Is there anything tricky I should be aware of in this process and finally any tips on a stubborn rusty hard to get out screw? THanks very much.

Reply to
ED EDIT68

A small smear of silicon (dielectric compound) inside the spark plug cap opening ... just like the directions indicate.

Reply to
Philip®

I'm not sure I've ever received instructions with my cap and plug set.

Joshua Smeltser

Reply to
Joshua Smeltser

Yeah, that was the problem, there weren't any instructions, just silicon tube...Thanks for the replies.

Reply to
ED EDIT68