1992 Camry electical problem

My Camry has 160K miles. My wipers are stuck in 1st speed and I can't shut them off unless I remove the fuse, only 1st and 2nd speed will work but I can't stop or use intermittent positions. My dealer says that it's related to the factory VIP S-1000 security system that was installed on this car when bought new. They told me that the unit of this system, which is located underneath the driver seat, is obsolete and can't be bought anymore and even if it could that the price would be staggering. Not only it's rarely found on Camry's, but Camry's are hard to find at the scrap yards, so that's not an option. It feels weird to me that the wiper problem would be related to the serurity system so I'm a bit sceptic about the dealer's diagnostic. As this ever happened to anyone?? What would you suggest??

Thanks.

Reply to
Mol1

I agree, it sounds like BS. The wiper switch sounds like it has failed.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James