1994 Camry Brake Fluid Leak

Hello ppl,

I have a 1994 Camry, 2.2 L, 4 cylinder engine. I noticed a few days back that my brake fluid level was low. I purchased DOT3 FMVSS no. 116 grade brake fluid. Then immediately (after about a day) after some time my brake fluid level indicator showed the level was low. I kept refilling the brake fluid without any signs of brake fluid leak under the car. Someone at Autozone suggested that it could be internal brake fluid leak. What is your opinion on this?? Any idea how much could it cost to plug the problem?

Thanks

Reply to
kryptonite

A leak is going to show up SOMEWHERE!

Reply to
Hachiroku

pull your rear brake drums - maybe a leaking wheel cylinder

Reply to
Drooler

open your windows and look out for that certain odor of burnt brakefluid.

Reply to
EdV

Like others said, it can be the master cylinder leaking into the cabin or into the brake booster (which you won't be able to see unless you pull the MC). Wheel cylinder leaks will show up if you pull the drum or look on the inside of the rear wheels if you leaked that much you should be able to see it there.

If you need to change out the MC, it's also time to consider rebuilding or putting rebuilt calipers/wheel cylinders and brake hoses on there. Your local NAPA should be able to help or check rockauto.com. I personally use Raybestos hydraulic parts and Akebono ceramic brake pads.

johngdole