1992 Toyota Camry, reverse slipping and no engine braking...

1992 Camry 4cyl auto with 230k miles.

Reverse slips pretty bad. I have to give it about 2000 rpm to get it moving up a small incline, sometimes higher, near lock up. I tried searching for the engine braking issue all over the place but couldn't find anything.

I got an oil change a few days ago and asked the shop to drain and fill the transmission, they replaced about 2 quarts. Old fluid was possibly the worst it could be. Car didn't run any different so I bought a filter/gasket kit and 3 quarts of fluid, replaced the filter and about 3 quarts came out. This was yesterday. I don't notice any different in shift quality (it's not THAT bad, the 1st to 2nd shift spoils me).

Some of my notes: Smooth shift 1st to 2nd Hard shift 2nd to 3rd Hard shift 3rd to 4th

Has lock-up in 4th gear Has lock up in 1st through 3rd but only when the throttle is pressed. When the foot is off throttle the RPM drops to just above idle as if I just pushed in the clutch.

Stall in Drive is 2500rpm Stall in Reverse is 2800rpm

Overall the car feels fine and runs good and I don't mind getting my hands dirty but I can't help and feel that this is electrical. I appreciate any advice on where to start.

Reply to
fronicare

MarvinShos

Thanks for the response Marvin. It works fine whether I put in in D or

2 or L. Here is a small video to show exactly what it is doing.
fronicare

Thanks for the response Marvin. It works fine whether I put in in D or

2 or L. Here is a small video to show exactly what it is doing. I believe it's all electronic and a first year for that.
fronicare