1994 CamryTemp Gauge Not Working

I have a 1994 Camry with a non working temp gauge. I replaced the sending unit on the water outlet and the gauge still doesn't work. I tested the gauge the way my Chiltons manual says, by unplugging the wire from the sending unit, then having someone turn the ignition switch on. I then used a jumper wire to ground the wire from the sending unit, to an engine ground. The gauge should go all the way up to hot, it didn't. According to Chiltons, this means the gauge is bad. Does this sound right? If so, how hard hard is it to replace the gauge?

Reply to
Beltman713