1998 CAMRY 4 banger starting

Just started having this problem. I start the car and the engine,which usually kicks right in and stays started, kicks in but then dies.

If I keep the petal down the car will run, but if I release the pedal it dies. after a few minutes with the pedal depressed it'll begin running fine. only has done this 2 times this week. car has 65K and runs great.

Reply to
swbtmis

I recently had the same issue. EGR replaced and problem disappeared.

Reply to
Gary Denis

Search for "IAC" on this group - clean the idle air control valve

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus